Interesting auctions…

Put everything which does not fit in one of aboves categories here

Interesting auctions…

Postby Fred » Wed 20. Sep 2023, 23:38

Thought an auction thread might be useful. Happy to get feedback.

I don’t recall seeing this movement previously. Best guess, a 17j version of #3?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325820908625
Fred

by Advertising » Wed 20. Sep 2023, 23:38

Advertising

Re: Interesting auctions…

Postby Mr. Bieser » Wed 20. Sep 2023, 23:57

Mixed feelings about auction threads, love the discussion so I'm fine with it, until it's a link to an auction I'm bidding on, then I find them troubling, know what I mean? So it depends lol. Also, in an auction threads notice no one ever links to an auction they're gonna go for...lol. Also, you can have interesting conversation, on say this exact link!, but in the end.... auction threads are filled with dead end links and no reader knows what u are referencing. If its as significant as an unknown caliber, I'd rather discuss it with a post but that's my take. Discuss further in admin.
Mr. Bieser

Postby Mr. Bieser » Thu 21. Sep 2023, 01:06

Gosh, yeah I hear ya on "Nr.3" but look at "Nr.6" my eyes say in some ways more of a match.
Mr. Bieser

Postby Fred » Thu 21. Sep 2023, 08:18

Good feedback, and those are also my sentiments. I was hesitant to post & start it. I suppose ground rules of only “buy now” or closed auctions would mitigate, but it still leaves no way for future reference. I think there is some value to a group discussion. Hmm. Alternative proposed (separate threads) seems better, although you get many threads with dead end vs one thread with many dead ends. Ponderous.

For the moment, pressing on… Yes “6” or “3”, or hybrid! Click spring on far side from stem + stud hole shape like “3”, but a 3rd wheel jewel bubble like “6”. And no chatons on smaller bridges either way.
Fred

Postby Mr. Bieser » Thu 21. Sep 2023, 12:58

Now I'm reminded of the time that a link to an auction I secured was posted in an auction thread for "discussion"...but what ended up happening was another collector contacted the seller of my auction and was able to con the seller into believing they were friends and colleagues with the buyer, me. So the seller (who was very elderly) fell for it!! And released to my so called friend and colleague my actual real life identification! Then the fraud used that info, my info, very thinly veiled, as part of the "discussion". Essentially outing me publicly as buyer. Just another massive violation of privacy, trust, etc.
So yeah, while now laughable, there's reasons I'm more discreet.
I digress, yes moving forward, man the case on this movement deserves it's own thread too! Not the first time I've seen this spider motif on a Gruen but not very often. Goth, my kinda gal. ;)
Mr. Bieser

Return to Miscellaneous